Home » *Top Pick*, Tree Lightings & Holiday Festivities
SF City Hall Lights Up for Christmas
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Every evening at sunset, over 220 state-of-the-art LED lighting fixtures illuminate City Hall’s exterior. Normally, a soft white glow shows off the play of light and shadow on the full façade and dome. Frequently, special plaza façade lighting schemes honor or celebrate events, seasons, and holidays.
City Hall will be lit up in green and red most nights in the lead up to Christmas and immediately afterward.
City Hall Holiday Lighting Schedule
– December 1: Red – Worlds Aids Day
– December 4: Red & Green – Civic Center Tree Lighting
– December 5: Red & Green – SF Symphony Tree Lighting
– December 8-12: Red & Green – Holiday
– December 14-25: Red & Green – Holiday
– December 26: Red, Green & Black – 1st Night of Kwanza
– December 27-30: Red & Green – Holiday
– December 31- January 1: Gold – Happy New Year
The schedule is always tentative for the holiday lights and subject to change when there are special events and the building is lit in honor of those.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Tree Lightings & Holiday Festivities
Address: 1 Dr. Carlton Goodlett Pl., San Francisco, CA