SF’s “Juneteenth on the Waterfront” Black Farmers Market Showcase (Ferry Building)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Francisco Ferry Building | 1 Ferry Bldg., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Celebrate local Black-owned businesses at the 2nd annual Juneteenth on the Waterfront on Saturday, June 11! Kick off a month of Juneteenth celebrations in San Francisco with a day of fun, community, and delicious, handcrafted food at the Embarcadero Ferry Terminal Plaza (south of the Ferry Building) and Ferry Plaza Farmers Market. Entry is free and open to the public, and food and drinks will be available for purchase.
Juneteenth on the Waterfront is cosponsored by MegaBlack SF, Foodwise, and Port of San Francisco, in partnership with En2action/Ujamaa Kitchen, Fillmore Merchants and Neighborhood Collaborative, La Cocina, Mandela Partners, and SF Black Wallstreet.
Juneteenth, also known as Freedom Day, celebrates the anniversary of Black emancipation in the United States. It is honored on the anniversary of June 19, 1865, when freedom from slavery was proclaimed in the state of Texas.
Participating Businesses and Community Partners
- A Girl Named Pinky: Cakes, cookies, tarts
- Alkali Rye – Oakland’s Beverage Shop: Beer & wine (in cans)
- En Vie Naturals: Natural body care, lotions, aromatherapy
- Fillmore Merchants and Neighborhood Collaborative: Homemade Hot Links, Potato Salad, Assorted Party Wings, Banana Pudding
- Gumbo Social: Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, Grilled Shrimp Po’Boys, Cali Greens, Red Beans and Rice
- Peaches Patties: Jamaican Beef Patty, Jamaican Curry Chicken Patty, Jamaican Ackee Saltfish Patty (breakfast; sold from 8am -10am), Jamaican Impossible Beef Patty (vegan), Jerk Chicken Wings and Plantains, Sorrel (Jamaican Hibiscus Drink), Homemade Ginger Beer
- Sam’s Gourmet Jams: Small-batch artisan jams, jellies, curds
- SF Black Wallstreet: Chargrilled oysters, Afro-Colombian empanadas, handmade smoked sausage, lemonade
- The Lemonade Bar: Bottled and frozen lemonades
- Tha M’fn Vegan: Vegan BBQ Sliders, Big Papa Nachos, Tha Town Salad
- Yes Pudding: Banana Pudding, Bourbon Caramel Bread Pudding, Seasonal Cobbler
- Community partners: En2action/Ujamaa Kitchen, MegaBlack SF, Port of San Francisco
Join us in the Ferry Terminal Plaza (adjacent to the Ferry Building) for fun family activities and music:
- Black history coloring activity and mancala game at the Foodwise Kids tent
- Music by BFF.fm
Visit the Foodwise Classroom in front of the Ferry Building for a free cooking demo:
Check back for updates!
Support MegaBlack SF When You Shop
Participating Ferry Plaza Farmers Market vendors and Ferry Building Marketplace merchants will be donating a portion of their proceeds from the day, with Hudson Pacific Properties to the MegaBlack SF Black Wellness Fund, landlord of the Ferry Building, matching up to $5,000. Look for signage at participating businesses, or donate directly to the MegaBlack SF Black Wellness Fund here.
MegaBlack SF fights for visibility, sovereignty, dignity and justice for Black San Franciscans. Help support the MegaBlack SF Black Wellness Fund, which invests in organizations that address issues of mental health and wellness; economic development, including employment and housing; and education for African American residents in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Block Party, Charity & Volunteering, Club / DJ, Eating & Drinking, Fun & Games, In Person, Kids & Families, Live Music, Other, Outdoors