CANCELED: Mountain View | 4th of July Fireworks Free Viewing Areas | 2020
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Shoreline Wildlife & Recreation Area | Terminal Boulevard and San Antonio Road, Mountain View, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
FOURTH OF JULY +
FIREWORKS CANCELLATION REMINDER
As per Santa Clara County Department of Public Health Guidelines, essential activity is currently allowable within Shoreline for purposes of essential health in Phase 2 of the COVID-19 pandemic response. However, social gatherings are not permitted outside of your own family nor your current residential unit, in an effort to reduce community spread.
The following is a reminder about personal steps that can be taken as we all work together to limit the spread the virus, especially when transmission has begun to increase in our area. Further, we request that you follow the rules and regulations governing Shoreline at Mountain View, in an effort avoid unnecessary fires and/or or damage to the bird and wildlife populations in the area. Happy Independence Day! We hope to see you again next year, and when COVID-19 has become less of a public health consideration.
Please be advised of the following City of Mountain View Shoreline Division & County of Santa Clara guidelines:
• Shoreline at Mountain View will close at 9pm on 7/4/20.
• Please refer to the Shoreline Page on the City’s website for a list of what’s open.
• Stay on designated trails; do not enter the golf course at any time.
• BBQ’s, fireworks, large scale gathering and/or dogs are not allowed within the wildlife/recreation area at any time.
• Please carry a mask with you at all times, for use especially when 6’ social distancing is not possible.
• General parking will be open during the day with A Lot available for overflow parking. All parking lots close at 9pm as well.
• Plan your arrival and departure to allow adequate time to leave the area before our gates close.
• Carry out all of your personal belongings, including trash.
While Shoreline Amphitheater hosts the SF Symphony followed by a spectacular fireworks show (tickets start at $18.75), there are plenty of free places around Mountain View to watch the fireworks if you want to listen to your own playlist
Shoreline at Mountain View wishes you a happy and safe Fourth of July holiday. If you are planning on coming out to view the fireworks display in Mountain View on Independence Day, please leave your pets at home, and refrain from bringing BBQs, drones, and personal fireworks of any kind.
Fireworks are expected to occur from approximately 9:40-9:55pm from the golf course/no access area shown on the map here. We recommend that you access the Athletic Fields or golf Driving Range – viewing areas 1 and 2.
Tickets are not required to watch from the wildlife/recreation areas. don’t forget to bring your own comfortable low-backed chairs, blankets, flashlights, layered clothing, etc.. Please leave no trace behind! While City of Mountain View staff will be on hand to provide directions/enforce basic rules, we ask that you do your part and remove all personal items, including trash and recycling. Thank you!
On-the-Water Viewing of 4th of July Fireworks Enjoy the best view of the Fireworks Show, from the waters of Shoreline Lake in Mountain View – from a pedalboat, rowboat, canoe or single/double kayak in the middle of the Lake, with friends and family.
- Online Reservations for Pedalboats/Rowboats/Canoes/Kayaks for July 4th (Starting at $50)
Although watercraft are not normally allowed on the Lake after sunset, Shoreline makes an exception for Independence Day. The Boathouse takes reservations for watercraft rentals, so you can escape the crowds and watch the fireworks from the water. There is also a BBQ Picnic at The Boathouse from 11:30am to 6pm
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, 4th of July, Fireworks, In Person, Peninsula