Every 1st Saturday Through December 5th.
Submitted by the Event Organizer
We’ve converted our hilarious monthly open-mic storytelling show into an online event. Put your name in the virtual “hat” for a chance to tell a true story from your life, 5 minutes or less. For the past 5 years, Spontaneous Storytelling has been one of the most fun, most unique events for connecting with new people in the Bay Area, and now it’s happening right from our living room to yours!
How it works:
- Check your email (and spam or junk mail folder!) for the Secret Zoom Link, on the night of the show.
- Spontaneous Storytelling is an open-mic true storytelling night with an icebreaker game at the beginning. All stories are just 5 minutes long and personal and TRUE.
- Hosted by Julie Soller, creator of StorySlam Oakland, and Inanc Ino, comedian and award-winning storyteller.
- There is no set theme. The audience will provide suggestions that are optional. Stories will be told by members of the audience, and by the hosts and special guests.
- We are going to try our famous Icebreaker Game at the beginning of the event from 7:00 to 7:30. Meet new people and learn something interesting about them. The game is also how we warm up for storytelling. We will use Zoom breakout rooms.
It’ll be a huge experiment because we’ve never done this game online before — could be fun, could be a fiasco! We’ll have to try it to find out!
After the game, submit your first and last name via Zoom Chat if you want a chance to tell a true story from your life. Names will be selected by the super fun RANDOM NAME PICKER WHEEL. Or just sit back and enjoy the show.
Sometimes there are special guests like comedians and award-winning storytellers.
You can tell any true story you like — as long as it is TRUE, about YOU and 5 minutes or less. No notes or reading allowed, ever! We’ll have a volunteer timer to let you know when your time is almost up.
Stories are intended for mature audiences and may contain swearing, adult themes, or whatnot. We don’t know until we hear them. Young children and people with sensitive ears are not advised.
***The hosts have the ability to mute and remove anyone who engages in behavior that is disrespectful to others.***
Pay-what-you-can donation based. Your support helps keep independent arts events like this going during the Pandemic. Please donate what you can.
For tips on how to tell a story over Zoom, go to http://www.storyslamoakland.com/zoom.html
For more fun storytelling events, subscribe at http://www.storyslamoakland.com
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Pay as you can, suggested donation $5 to $20
Categories: *Top Pick*