Sunday Streets 2023
May to October, 2023
11am to 4pm
Sunday Streets SF 2023 event dates, routes, and highlights include:
5 blocks of car-free fun and recreation on Galvez Ave between Phelps St & Mendell St for the whole family to enjoy.From 12 PM to 5 PM, celebrate Bayview’s roots with free recreational activities hosted by San Francisco Recreation and Parks and Street Soccer USA, STEM learning experiences by Mission Science Workshop and Exploratorium, a live music stage sponsored by Bayview Hunters Point YMCA, and catch health and wellness resources like free flu vaccines and COVID boosters from SF Department of Public Health and free dental checkups by UCSF. The new community block party route will be on Galvez Ave, between Phelps St and Mendell St, Mendell St between Hudson and Fairfax Ave, and Youngblood-Coleman Playground.
2 blocks of car-free fun and recreation in the Tenderloin for the whole family to enjoy. Exact location to be announced soon.
1+ mile of streets in the Mission for an afternoon of car-free fun for the whole family. As one of the most visited Sunday Streets SF events of all time, Sunday Streets Valencia is one of the Ciclovía (or open streets) routes to take in this season. Taking place on Valencia Street between Duboce Ave and 26th Street, neighbors and visitors alike can enjoy free recreation, health resources, music, dance and more!
Please join the American Indian Cultural Center for the land acknowledgment and opening ceremony at 15th St and Valencia St intersection at 11 AM, followed by Sunday Streets Mission speaker program with community leaders at Centro Del Pueblo (474 Valencia S, San Francisco, CA 94103) from 12 PM to 1 PM
Activity highlights on Valencia St, between Duboce Ave and 26th St, include:
- Marketplace with free performances and community resources hosted by the American Indian Cultural Center, plus Mission Housing Valencia Gardens Block Party with bounce houses and kid-friendly activities
- Get vaccinated (COVID booster, MPOX, and flu) with the SF Dept. of Public Health Mobile Vaccine Unit, first 50 eligible participants receive a $100 gift card
- Finding A Best Friend Rescue pet adoption with free portrait session from Wildebeest
- Kid-friendly activities hosted by SF Human Rights Commission, Circus Center, Natural Resources, The Marsh, Freedom from Training Wheels kids bike lessons with SF Bicycle Coalition & SFMTA, and SF Public Library Mission Branch & Book Mobile book giveaway
- Free rock-climbing wall and community swim at the Mission Community Pool from 12 to 2 PM by SF Recreation and Parks and the Mobile Recreation Program, free bike rentals by Bay Wheels, soccer drills and mini-games with Street Soccer USA and Mission Youth Soccer League, and more throughout the route
- Brick-and-mortar activations and music performances throughout the route, including Double Down Zine, Milk SF, Fort Point Beer Co., Often Wander, Valencia Room, City Station, Fellow, 826 Valencia, City Art Cooperative Gallery, Hila Gelato Caffè, Shaped Af SF, Amado’s, Radio Habana Social Club, Bottega, Sanguchon Eatery, and Lotusland Yoga
- For event details, including route information and an activity guide, visit SundayStreetsSF.com/Mission
Sunday Streets SF will host the Western Addition Community Block Party, creating a car-free recreational destination in the Western Addition for the whole family to enjoy. Exact location to be announced soon.
Celebrate the end of Sunday Streets SF 15th anniversary in the Excelsior. Popular with families and music lovers, Sunday Streets Excelsior is one of the Ciclovía (or open streets) routes to walk or roll this season. Taking place on Mission St between Theresa/Avalon St and Geneva Ave, Sunday Streets SF Excelsior is the family fun hub destination for the 3rd Annual Phoenix Day. Neighbors and visitors alike are invited to the Excelsior on Phoenix Day to enjoy free recreation, health resources, music, dance and more!
Sunday Streets SF and our partners are sponsoring over 50 block party permits on October 15th, 2023 so neighbors in every district of San Francisco can have fun in the streets and celebrate the 3rd Annual Phoenix Day.
The Phoenix Day Block Party program is specifically for residential block parties 1 block in length without restricted activities like generators and food sales.
We hope you’ll take advantage of the Sunday Streets Phoenix Day block party program to bring play and exercise to your streets with the whole San Francisco community on October 15th, 2023!
Keep an eye out for more details soon!