“Sunday Streets” Huge Block Party | SoMa
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Folsom Street | Essex Street and 10th Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Sunday, August 18, 2019
“Sunday Streets 2019” Street Festival & Block Party | SF
Livable City is thrilled to return to its newest route in SoMa on August 18, creating car-free open streets on Folsom Street from Essex to 10th.
Come check out Activity Hubs for free, fun, family-friendly activities offered by local nonprofits, community groups, and small businesses at:
Essex and 2nd Streets – Hosted by the East Cut CBD
- 11am: Open Space Tours
- 1pm: Dog Fashion Show
- Music from the SF Rock Project
- Fun with SF Circus Center
- Petsville with Adoptions from Finding a Best Friend Rescue
4th Street – Hosted by Yerba Buena CBD
- Art with 111 Minna Gallery
- Live music with the Gay and Lesbian Freedom Band
- Ping Pong with Spin
- Free Bike and Scooter Rentals
- Reptile Petting Zoo with Tree Frog Treks
6th Street – Hosted by Undiscovered SF Creative Night Market
- Undiscovered SF takes over the SOMA Pilipinas Hub
- Enjoy live music, art, vendors and third-wave Filipino food!
- DCYF’s We Are the City pops up with free activities for the whole family + a Giant Lego Build
9th and 10th Streets – Hosted by the Leather & LGBTQ Cultural District
- Enjoy resources, history and neighborhood info
- Rock out with DJ Fingersnaps
Dance the night away at DNA Lounge, visit the collection at the Prelinger Library, tour world-class museums and arts centers like MoMa, The Contemporary Jewish Museum, The Museum of the African Diaspora and Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.
Enjoy a meal at SoMa Streat Food Park. Support community organizations like United Playaz and the Pilipino Senior Resource Center.
And don’t forget to explore the area’s tucked-away alleys, expansive murals, small businesses and turn-of-the-century industrial architecture.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Block Party, Fun & Games, Funcheap Presents, Kids & Families