Sunset Sound System’s Massive Music Picnic & Dance Party | North Bay
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Stafford Lake | 3549 Novato Blvd, Novato, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Drawing from the spirit of the Jamaican sound system culture, Sunset Sound System has produced over 150 free outdoor dance parties from the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond, and they’re celebrating 25 years of epic parties at the annual season opener at the beautiful Stafford Lake in Novato.
Sunset Sound System Music Picnic
Sunday, April 28, 2019 | 11 am to 7 pm
Stafford Lake Park, Novato
Gate Fee & Donation: $5 per motorcycle/drop-off/walk up (cash only); $30 per car/truck at gate (cash only); Free for large vans and buses (9 passenger minimum), but registration is required. Limited pre-passes are available in advance (You must arrive before 3 pm, subject to parking lot capacity). Please note, the parking lot fills up — join a carpool. Check Facebook for updates on parking lot capacity.
- DJs: Solar | Galen | J-Bird
- Special Guest: Jenö (Wicked)
- Opening Set by: Sean Murray
- Altar by: Living Fae
- Florals by: Intrinsic
- Sound by: Opus
- Food Trucks by: Fire Goddess Pizza & Banh Mi Zon
- Face painting by: Cassandra Love Lambert
Please note that this event cannot happen after heavy rains. In the event of rain (or recent heavy rains), this event will be cancelled. Check Facebook for updates.
Important Rules of the Park:
- No dogs or pets allowed (No exceptions)
- Do not pee in the bushes (Seriously, it’s a reservoir out there)
- No underage drinking
- Keep lit BBQs off of the grass
- No smoking allowed (There’s isn’t a smoking section anymore; please be prepared)
- No unauthorized vending
- No swimming in the lake reservoir
Keep on partying at the Sunset After-Party at Monarch (101 6th Street, SF) from 8 pm to 2 am with DJs, dancing, and mingling.