Home » *Top Pick*, Comedy, SF Sketchfest
Sup Doc Podcast | SF Sketchfest 2019
Submitted by the Event Organizer
SF Sketchfest, the San Francisco Comedy Festival, is a yearly celebration of sketch, improv, stand-up, musical and alternative comedy, bringing the best in headlining and up and coming comedy to the Bay Area every January.
18th Annual SF Sketchfest
January 10-27, 2019
See the full 2019 SF Sketchfest schedule and list of performers.
The 2019 lineup includes over 250 performers in 3 weeks including Margaret Cho, Neil Patrick Harris, Office Space, “Weird Al” Yankovic, Kids in the Hall, Bob Odenkirk plus tons of live podcasts.
Plus, there’s a handful of free events and Funcheap has the hookup to several shows as well where you can win yourself a pair of tickets.
Free SF Sketchfest Events 2019
Get some free comedy at Piano Fight in the TL – RSVP required
- Sup Doc – Sat 1/12 – 5:30pm at Piano Fight – Hilarious comedian review show of documentaries led by Paco Romane (Comedy Central / SF Weekly’s “Best Comedian”)
- Traumatized with Erin & Jason – Sun 1/13 – 5:30pm at Piano Fight – Comedy podcast in which we rewatch the children’s movies that terrified us as kids, and reexamine them in the cold light of adulthood
- Obsessed – Sat 1/19 – 5:30pm at Piano Fight – Comedy podcast about liking things a lot. Hosted by comedian/writer Joseph Scrimshaw, guests share their deepest loves from Cats to Star Wars to Knitting and everything in between.
- The Bechdel Cast – Sun 1/20 – 5:30pm at Piano Fight -Podcast hosted by comedians Jamie Loftus and Caitlin Durante about the portrayal of women in film.
- Next Big Thing with Courtney & Dara – Sun 1/27 – 5:30pm at Piano Fight – Comedy web series, podcast and live show led by two Black techies: Courtney Thomas and Dara M Wilson
Started in 2015, Sup Doc was created by Paco Romane. Comedian and long time doc lover, Paco Romane decided to watch all of PBS’s Top 100 documentaries. Afterwards he looked for a podcast that was like people talking about docs at parties. So he created Sup Doc and asked fellow SF comedian George Chen to join him.
So now Doc Dorks Paco Romane and George Chen chat with interesting people with strong opinions about their favorite documentaries. Just like at parties. They talk to some of the most talented people from the world of Television, Film, Music and more.
You’ll learn a lot about a doc and even more about their guests. This isn’t your run of the mill comedy-recap-interview-documentary podcast and may quite possibly be the only one like it.
*Free, but an RSVP is required.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, SF Sketchfest
Address: 144 Taylor Street, San Francisco, CA