Sustainable Catch NightLife | California Academy of Sciences
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
California Academy of Sciences | 55 Music Concourse Dr., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
In honor of World Ocean’s Day, NightLife presents its fourth annual night of sustainable seafood cooking demonstrations—this time, with wine.
- Featured chefs represent renowned Sausalito seafood joint Fish; Ki, a sustainable sushi and izakaya bar inside Temple Nightclub; Cook-SF!, purveyor of ready-to-cook meal kits delivered to your door; local mainstay Global Gourmet Catering; and Fog Harbor Fish House at Fisherman’s Wharf.
- See (and taste) how they create dishes that are both delectable and sustainable, then learn how to effectively pair wines with seafood from sommelier Gabe Hendersen, and sample selections in our wine tasting hall.
- Chat up Academy curators John McCosker, studier of white sharks and Galapagos fishes, and Luiz Rocha, deep sea diver and coral reef fish expert.
- Plus, meet folks from a variety of local ocean conservation organizations such as the San Francisco Seafood Watch Alliance, Sea Stewards, Gulf of the Farallones Marine Sanctuary, and Oceanic Society.
Then catch a pop-up screening of The End of the Line, a film by Rupert Murray from the SF Ocean Film Festival.
Music by DJ Sep, founder of Dub Mission, one of the longest-running dub, dubstep, roots and dancehall parties in the U.S.
Special discounted evening admission to the California Academy of Sciences on Thursday evenings with unique special events each week.
- Thursdays, from 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Tickets are $12 ($10 for Academy members). Last entry is 9:00 pm.
- 21+ with Valid ID.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Club / DJ, Eating & Drinking, Recurring - Weekly, San Francisco