Submitted by the Event Organizer
It’s still early in the tax season, but if you file early, not only will the IRS love you and send you flowers (not really), but you’ll get your refund early.
The volunteers of Tax Aid will help you file your tax return, so long as you fit the low-income profile, for free. Please note that some people with more complex tax issues might not be able to benefit from this free help.
Tax Aid sites include a slew of locations in San Francisco, Oakland, Peninsula and South Bay.
> View 2018 Tax Aid Sites & Dates
Free Help if:
Show up early and bring:
- Tax forms from your job (Form W2)
- Any tax forms from your bank or job (including Form 1099s)
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number cards for you, your children and/or your spouse
- Any tax forms for your Social Security income or retirement income
- Any other tax forms showing income you received
- Any forms related to a student loan or tuition you paid including the cost of course materials
- The name, address and Social Security number or Employer Identification Number for your babysitter or child care provider
- Property tax statements
- A canceled check for direct deposit (to get your refund faster)
- Health Insurance statement for 2017, 1095-A (if you have it)
Please note this is an organization run by volunteers so the quality of your tax advice might vary. Service is on a first-come, first served basis.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, Lectures & Workshops
, San Francisco