Tech Diversity In-depth Panel Discussion & Chat with the Mayor | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
99designs | 2201 Broadway Suite 815 , Oakland, CA 94612
Submitted by the Event Organizer
When diverse people bring together diverse ideas, big things happen. And the tech industry is no different. As the center of one of the most diverse counties in the Bay Area, Oakland is poised like no other city to become the hub for inclusive, diverse, growing tech companies.
Free, but an RSVP is required.
You’re invited to an in-depth discussion with Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf and executives from top local tech companies as you look at how tech companies can shed “unconscious biases” and look to diverse districts to expand their business and recruit new talent.
Then, join for a panel discussion featuring leaders from Yelp, Lever, Techqueria, and TechEquity Collaborative to discuss the process and challenges of building an inclusive employee base.
Networking, drinks, and appetizers will follow with representatives from local tech companies 99designs, Snagajob, Saildrone, and VSCO.
Event agenda includes:
Keynote Speaker: Libby Schaaf, Mayor of Oakland
Panel Discussion (Moderator: Megan Rose Dickey — TechCrunch)
- Rachel Williams — Head of Corporate Recruiting, Diversity & Inclusion, Yelp
- Leela Srinivasan — CMO, Lever
- David Silva — Founder, Techqueria
- Darrell Jones III — Co-Founder, TechEquity Collaborative
- Y-Vonne Hutchinson — Founder, ReadySet, Co-founder, Project Include
- What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event? While there are parking meters and parking lots close by, we highly encourage attendees to take the Bart. The 19th Street stop is a 5 min walk to the event building.
- Will lunch be served? Yes. Drinks and handheld food will be served.
- How can I contact the organizer with any questions? Please contact email@example.com with any questions.