Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fun & Games, Other, Outdoors
2020 “Top the Cops” Insane (But Legal) Drag Races vs. Cops Finale | Sonoma Raceway
Here’s your chance to drag race against Bay Area law enforcement officers when the popular Top the Cops™ program returns as part of Sonoma Raceway’s weekly Wednesday Night Drags program.
The popular Wednesday Night Drags program will kick off its consecutive year at Sonoma Raceway on March 11, 2020.
The Top the Cops™ program, which enters its 25th season this year, offers an alternative to illegal street racing and gives teens (and anyone else who wants to race) the chance to go up against law enforcement officers, who compete in full uniform in their official vehicles on the quarter-mile drag strip. The program also provides a unique environment for the officers to talk with teens about safe driving and the rules of the road.
2020 “Top the Cops” Insane (But Legal) Drag Races vs. Cops
Most Wednesdays, March 11 – November 18, 2020 | 4 to 10 pm (Gates open at 3:30 pm)
29355 Arnold Dr, Sonoma
$10 for spectators; $25 competitors, $15 for student competitors w/ high school student ID
View Drag Race Schedule
The raceway will open its gates most every Wednesday night from Mar. 11 – Nov. 18 for fans who would like to race down the world-famous quarter-mile drag strip.
What to Expect at Wednesday Night Drags
- The main entrance at Gate 1 on Highway 121 at 3:30 p.m.
- Follow the signs to “Tech” to get your car teched
- Once your car passes the simple tech inspection, a tech inspector will direct you to the staging lanes
Get Ready for Your First Run:
- Wait for your class’ turn in the staging lanes
- Practice/time runs start at 4 p.m. and end at 7 p.m.
- There will be 2-3 runs before the first round of eliminations
- Drag racing staff can help you with staging your car at the starting line.
- After each run you’ll receive a time slip with your elapsed time and speed on the quarter-mile.
First Round of Eliminations:
- Eliminations start at 7 p.m.
- Make it to the final four in your class and receive a trophy! Remember, it’s all about being consistent and getting good reaction times on the tree.
Anyone with a driver’s license can compete, providing their vehicle or motorcycle passes a simple technical inspection. All vehicles must have mufflers. The event attracts a varied crowd, including teenagers, mothers, working professionals and grandparents racing everything from Corvettes to Mini-Vans. Three-hundred cars are allowed to compete each Wednesday night. The weekly event attracts an average of 900-1,200 people (competitors and spectators).
Updated 2/9/20 – Event info last checked via website.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*$25 to race, $15 to race with High School ID; $10 for spectators.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Fun & Games
Address: Highways 37 and 121, Sonoma, CA, 95476