UCSF Annual Free Skin Cancer Screening | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
UCSF Department of Dermatology | 1701 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA 94115
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Join to a free skin cancer screening event at the UCSF Department of Dermatology. Screenings are open to the public and no need to be a patient of UCSF to attend. Insurance and appointments are not required.
UCSF Annual FREE Skin Cancer Screening | SF
Saturday, May 4, 2019 | 8 am to 4 pm
UCSF Department of Dermatology, 3F 1701 Divisadero St, San Francisco
Screenings will only be performed to determine the possibility of skin cancer. Medical consultation will not be provided for other skin conditions such as rashes, abrasions, etc.
- One American dies of melanoma almost every hour.
- More than 3.5 million skin cancers in more than 2 million people are diagnosed annually.
- Melanoma is the most common form of cancer for young adults 25-29 years old.
- Exposure to tanning beds increases the risk of melanoma.
- 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Sports & Wellness