The Underground Farmers Market | Mission Dist.
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Even Farmers Markets have gone underground these days. This gathering of local professionals that don’t have the commercial kitchens required to qualify them for full-fledged farmers markets will give you a chance to taste their delicious wares that you can’t pick up anywhere else .
Get your fill of jams, pies, edible garden boxes, wild mushrooms, acorn flour, homemade sarsaparilla, Jewish deli fare and homemade empanadas.
- 5-8pm Drinks, Roasted Chestnuts, Shopping
- 8:30-9:30 Floating Felt
- 10-11 More drinks and shopping
Underground Farmers Market Vendors: December 17, 2009
- forageSF: Acorn flour, fresh wild mushrooms, wild fennel seeds, huckleberry jam, wild Blackberry jam, and CSF gift certificates
- HeartBaker: Makes some amazing baked goods
- Slow Jams: Great homemade jam
- Will Schrom: Homemade sarsparilla (maybe the best soda you’ve ever tasted)
- Captain Blankenship: Soaps and salves
- Kelsey: Gingerbread houses
- Garden Fare: Edible garden gift boxes
- The Golden Crust: Pies, pies, pies
- The Girl From Empanada: Homemade empanadas
- Lauren & Jon Bowne: Homemade Jewish deli fare (think corned beef, not gefilte fish)
- Five Flavors Herbs: Wild foraged tinctures
Tags: Farmers Market, Food, Free, Mission District, Shopping
Categories: *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, San Francisco, Shopping & Fashion