USA vs. Portugal: World Cup Food Truck Party | SoMa StrEat Food Park
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
SoMa StrEat Food Park | 428 11th Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Be a part of Sam’s Army at an epic game watch to cheer on the USA to beat Portugal and nearly guarantee their place in the round of 16.
There will be 12 HDTVs, beer bucket specials, awesome food trucks and a festive and vocal soccer-loving crowd at SoMa StrEat Food Park.
Funcheap’s “USA vs. Portugal: World Cup Sunday” Game Watch
Sunday, June 22, 2014 | Opens at 11 am
SoMa StrEat Food Park, 428 11th St., SF
FREE admission for first 200 fans; $5 cover after
- USA vs. Portugal – 3 pm kickoff
- Korea vs. Algeria – Noon kickoff
- Watch the game on 12 TVs inside and out
- NEW viewing area with an additional 80″ HDTV
- USA Beer Special: Bud & Bud Light – $18 for bucket of (5) 16oz. bottles
- Brazilian Beer Special: Xingu – $18 for bucket of (5)
- Fundraiser for Competition for Good, an initiative to bring clean drinking water to Brazil: donate $5 to the cause via PayPal at the event and you’ll receive a voucher good for an entree at any food truck up to $10.
Food Truck Lineup:
- Country Grill
- Adams Grub Truck
- Chef Pelle
- Me So Hungry
- Oui Chef
- Lil Burma
- FireTrail Pizza
- Dusty Buns
What’s at stake for the USA?
Here’s the Americans’ outlook, in brief:
- Beat Portugal, advance to the knockout stage
- Win once and draw once, advance
- Draw against both Portugal and Germany, advance
- Win once and lose once, almost certainly advance (there’s one highly unlikely mathematical exception)
- Lose twice, and almost certainly go out (there’s one highly unlikely mathematical exception)
- Draw once and lose once, and it gets complicated. It’s considerably better for the U.S. to draw against Portugal and lose to Germany than the other way around.
Read the full breakdown on fivethirtyeight.com