Volunteer Outdoors for “National Public Lands Day” 2019 | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
All Over San Francisco | San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Help the Parks Conservancy celebrate their priceless open space on National Public Lands Day by lending a hand on projects ranging from habitat restoration, weeding and vegetation management to growing plants in one of our native plant nurseries. Enjoy some time in the Golden Gate National Parks while making a difference. Bring your family and friends.
Take part in a volunteer work project. If you volunteer on this day, you will receive a fee-free day coupon to be used on a future date. See the list of National Public Lands Day events below or check out all volunteer events.
- Marin Headlands Nursery, Marin, 9 am-noon
- Presidio Habitat Stewards, Presidio of San Francisco, 9 am -12 pm
- Fort Funston Nursery, San Francisco, 9:30 am–12:30 pm
- Lands End: Maria Durana/Parks Conservancy, San Francisco, 10 am–1 pm
- Presidio Nursery, Presidio of San Francisco, 1 pm–4 pm
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF)for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.