Walk to Work Day 2018: Free Breakfast & Giveaways | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
All Over San Francisco | San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
San Francisco was the nation’s first city to officially launch Walk to Work Day.
Get in on the action this year; keep in mind, walking just 15 minutes of your commute counts and your efforts be rewarded with some free goodies.
Walk to Work Day | San Francisco
Thursday, April 5, 2018 | 7:30-10 am
All over San Francisco
Each April, Walk San Francisco hosts Walk to Work Day, a fun and festive day of encouragement celebrating the most healthy, sustainable form of transportation: walking.
People who live and/or work in San Francisco are encouraged to walk just 15 minutes of their daily commute (whether traveling to work, school, church, temple, or shops).
On Walk to Work Day, get rewarded at one of the hosted “Hubs” across the city, where you can enjoy free giveaways including safety lights, backpacks, coffee, or breakfast snacks. Plus, join as a Walk SF member for a limited edition “I Walk SF” t-shirt.
2018 Walk to Work Day Hubs
- Bayview: 1601 Lane Street at Revere, hosted by Bayview and Hunter’s Point YMCA
- Chinatown: 667 Clay Street, hosted by Chinatown CDC
- Downtown: Market and Battery Streets, hosted by San Francisco Public Works and Lendlease
- Civic Center: City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, hosted by Walk San Francisco
- Embarcadero: Folsom Street and The Embarcadero, hosted by Google
- The Hub: Market Street and Van Ness Avenue, hosted by SFMTA
- Mid-Market: 1155 Market Street, hosted by the Mayor’s Office on Disability
- Mission: 1026 Valencia Street, hosted by Ritual Coffee Roasters
- Mission Bay: 4th Street and Mission Bay Boulevard, hosted by Park Lab and Golden State Warriors
- Rincon Hill: 375 Beale Street, hosted by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC)
- Upper Market: 2001 Market Street at Dolores, hosted by Whole Foods Market
You can also compete for the “Longest Walking Commute,” the “Most Interesting Sight,” and the “Best Shoe Bling” contests for great prizes.
- Longest Walking Commute: How long is your walking commute? On April 5, walk waaaaay in to work and then tell us how far you went. Last year, the winner walked 8 miles. How far will you walk to win?
- Most Interesting Sight: Walks in San Francisco are never dull, whether it’s the views, the architecture, or the outfits of folks around you. Tell us what you discovered, and win.
- Best Shoe Bling: Check out 2015’s winning entry at right. Glam out your feet for walking the streets, and win a prize that is utterly fabulous, just like you.
- Golden Millipede: Do you have a big team at your workplace doing Walk to Work Day? Like, really big? Enter to win this prize for the biggest team participating.