2018 “Dash and Splash”: Freezing Plunge in Wacky Costumes | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Aquatic Park | 900 Beach St, SF
Delight at watching other people freeze their tail ends off as they take a plunge for a good cause in Aquatic Park for the Dash and Splash, a benefit the Special Olympics of Northern California.
Unlike the Escape From Alcatraz triathlon, these nearly 1,000 brave souls won’t be swimming, just braving it—some in wacky costumes—for a quick, but agonizing dip in the chilly waters of the SF Bay.
Those who are too chicken for a plunge are typically sent to the “Chicken Coop,” so be sure to wash them with ridicule… and donate a buck to their cause while you’re at it.
2018 Dash and Splash
Saturday, March 3, 2018 | Plunge at Noon
Aquatic Park San Francisco City
900 Beach St, SF
FREE to watch
- 9:00 am – Registration opens for 3K/5K Fun Run/Walk
- 10:00 am – Race begins
- 10:00 am – Breakfast for those raising $125 or more
- 10:00 am – Registration opens for the plunge
- 10:00 am – VIP Reception for those raising $600 or more
- 11:30 am – Costume Judging & Awards
- 12 noon – Plunge
- 1:30 pm – Beer & Wine Garden Closes
The 3K/5K Fun Run/Walk starts and ends at Aquatic Park and is just as crazy and fun as the plunge itself with wacky costumes. Runners and walkers can pay a flat registration fee or raise additional funds for the Special Olympics.