Whitney Houston Flashmob Day | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Market and Castro | Market St. and Castro St., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
You say you wanna dance with somebody? Here is your chance to show your love for Whitney Houston and show San Francisco your moves.
Want to Participate?:
1) Watch the awkward instructional video and learn the dance. Don’t worry, it’s easy – choreographed by J Tall with a refrain by Nick and Anna Golla.
2) Show up at the intersection of Market and Castro at 6:15pm on March 23, 2012. The flashmob will start at 6:30pm. And be warned… there will be jazz hands.
Here’s how you’ll make it awesome:
– Wear street clothes, and blend into the crowd.
– When the music starts, play dumb. Then bust into the DANCE!
– Try not to break character the entire time, and represent yourself well – we are putting on a surprise and insanely fun experience for the public.
Just coming to watch?
We gotta be honest… we have no idea how many people will show up to dance and don’t have a clue to the quality of the performance. So this will either be an amazing heart-felt tribute from heaps of whitney admirers, or it will end up being a complete disaster of an uncoordinated mess… but either way it should make for entertaining viewing.
Friday, March 23, 2012: This was awesome!!! About 200 dancers snuck out of the crown a few minutes after 6:30p and blocked the intersection Casto and Market for a heartfelt explosion of “I Wanna Dance With Somebody.” ending with a massive conga like snaking across the street. You shoulda been there… I shoulda practiced my moves a bit more.
Tags: Flashmob, Free, Whitney Houston
Categories: *Top Pick*, Fun & Games, San Francisco, Sports & Wellness, Theater & Performance