SF’s “World AIDS Day in the Grove” in Golden Gate Park (2022)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
National AIDS Memorial Grove | Nancy Pelosi Dr & Bowling Green Dr, San Francisco, CA
Free / Learn More
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Changing The Pattern For A Future Without Aids
Each year the National AIDS Memorial hosts a national observance on World AIDS Day that brings leaders together from across the country for a national conversation to shine a light on the ongoing struggle to end the epidemic, progress made, and hope for the future.
Our annual World AIDS Day National Observance returns for a powerful in-person event in the National AIDS Memorial Grove. More than 500 guests and dignitaries will come together for an event streamed nationally for important conversations.
You Won’T Want To Miss This Powerful Event!
Featuring Special Invited Guests Including:
• Cleve Jones, Founder of the Quilt
• San Francisco Mayor London N. Breed (invited)
• State Senator Scott Wiener (invited)
• Diane Havlir, MD, Chief of HIV Infectious Diseases, UCSF
• Tyler TerMeer, PhD, CEO, San Francisco AIDS Foundation
• LS Jones, Prevention Access Campaign Mississippi
• Breanna Sinclairé, Acclaimed Soprano Vocalist
• John Cunningham, CEO, National AIDS Memorial
• Federal, State and Local Elected Leaders
• National AIDS Memorial Youth Scholars
Special Program Moderators:
• Reggie Aqui, ABC7 News Anchor
• Michelle Meow, Commonwealth Club
Stay Tuned as More Special Guests to be Announced….
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, In Person, Outdoors, Political Activism, Top Annual Events