2017 Backyard Chicken Coop Bike Tour | Alameda
Alameda Chicken Tour | 1612 Morton St, Alameda, CA
Find out where the eggs are in Alameda on this informative annual self-guided bike tour of backyard chicken coops as you enjoy a bike ride around “The Island.”
Alameda Backyard Chicken Coop Bicycling Tour
Sunday, May 7, 2017 | 1-4 pm (sharp)
All over Alameda
Alameda’s urban chicken coops range from humble to huge and every year the public is invited to come take a closer look, learn a little about raising backyard chickens (and maybe bees and vegetable plots), and just bask in the glory of the avian friends.
- Visit as few or as many stops as you would like, in any order. Bicycling or walking is strongly encouraged.
- Please do not arrive at any stops before 1 pm or after 4 pm.
- Obey all traffic laws. Bicyclists are subject to the same rights and responsibilities as vehicle drivers.
- Private residences are not open to the public. Restrooms are available at See Spot Run (2510 Santa Clara Ave)
- Bring your own water bottle (and spare change for lemonade and cookie stands)
- Be respectful by not picking any fruit or vegetables in the gardens of the tour hosts.
Links: Event detailsCost: FREE
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Bike It, East Bay, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops, Walks & Tours