DogFest 2017: Pet Festival, Carnival & Parade | Duboce Park
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Duboce Park | Duboce and Noe, San Francisco, CA
DogFest 2017 is a mutt-tastic festival at one of the most dog-friendly parks in the city and the biggest dog event in San Francisco.
All events are free to watch but pre-registration ($20) is typically required for your dog to compete in any dog contest
Watch doggies compete for Best Trick, Best Costume, Best Ears, Best Bark and more, with celebrity emcee Daniel Handler, official representative of Lemony Snicket.
Treat your human child to a day of inflatable obstacle courses, face painting, carnival games, delicious food, and find true love in the Rescue Zone.
DogFest is a celebration of dogs and kids benefiting SFUSD McKinley Elementary School, a K-5 public school at Castro and 14th Streets.
2017 Everyday Dog Show Categories (Noon to 3pm)
- 12:00pm Best Costume—Judges vote on dog with best costume; extra points for originality.
- 12:20pm Best Tail—Long, short, skinny or wide, let’s see who’s tail comes out on top!
- 12:50pm Best Trick—Dogs have 30 seconds to show off their best trick(s). Props encouraged.
- 1:10pm Half Time Show —Special Performance by Cheer SF
- 1:40pm Best Coat—Whose coast is the most luxurious?
- 2:00pm Best Mutt—A little of this and a little of that, sugar and spice makes everything nice. Whose best friend is made up of the best mix?
- 2:20pm Best Ears—Big or little, crooked or straight, hear hear for best ears!
- 2:40pm Best Lap Dog—Judges are looking for dogs that are great on your lap and the velvet throne.
- 3:00pm Most Openly Corrupt Best-In-Show
Celebrity judges include Leah Garchik of the SF Chronicle, The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, Neal Gottlieb (founder of Three Twins Ice Cream and competed on CBS’ “Survivor”), and more…
All Day Events (11am to 4pm)
The festival offers something for dogs, kids, and parents of both breeds.
- Become a sponsor of DogFest
- Enter your dog in our Everyday Dog Show
- Donate to the Silent Auction
- Treat your human child to a day of inflatable obstacle courses, face painting, carnival games, delicious food, and more
- Make a bid on an auction prize
- Peruse the doggie vendors or find true love in the Rescue ZoneMcKinley