DogFest 2015: Pet Parade & Carnival | Duboce Park
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Duboce Park | Duboce and Noe, San Francisco, CA
Watch doggies compete for Best Trick, Best Costume, Best Ears, Best Bark and more, with celebrity emcee Daniel Handler, official representative of Lemony Snicket.
Treat your human child to a day of inflatable obstacle courses, face painting, carnival games, delicious food, and find true love in the Rescue Zone.
DogFest is a celebration of dogs and kids benefitting SFUSD McKinley Elementary School, a K-5 public school at Castro and 14th Streets. The festival offers something for dogs, kids, and parents of both breeds.
Subject to change, of course
- 11 am: The Everyday Dog Show Welcome (Sponsored by Big Dog Sportswear)
All dog show times are estimates. If your dog is competing (pre-register now), please check in 10 minutes before start time noted
- 11:30 am: Best Costume – Judges vote on the dog with the best costume with extra points for originality.
- 11:50 am: Best Trick – Dogs have 30 seconds to show off their best trick(s). Props are encouraged.
- 12:10 pm: Best Bark – Contestants are given 30 seconds to show off their vocal abilities.
- 12:30 pm: Special Performance by Cherry Hoops. Get infused with Hoopy goodness.
Dog Show Resumes
- 1:00 pm: Best Guardian/Dog Look Alike – Not a costume contest. Judges look for dogs and guardians that have grown to look similar or have common natural features or characteristics. Contestants may describe their similarities such as pointy ears, sad eyes, long legs, shy, hyperactive, a love of life, etc.
- 1:20 pm: Best Body Part – Every dog has ears, a tail, a coat and paws. Are these ears better than your tail? Judges choose.
- 1:40 pm: Best Lap Dog – Judges are looking for dogs that are great on your lap and the velvet throne.
- 2:00 pm: Best Trot – Judges decide which dog has the best trot around the red carpet.
- 2:20 pm: The Most Openly Corrupt Best-In-Show Contest – Brace yourself. It really is corrupt, but it’s all in good fun with the goal of raising the most money possible for the school. The winners of each of the main categories (ears, bark, trick, etc.) and anyone who wants to buy their way in for $50 will be entered in this final contest of the day. The audience bribes the judges (by throwing lots of money in buckets being passed around) to keep working and decide which dog will be crowned Best-In-Show.
Dog Show Completed
- 3:30 pm: Raffle Drawing
- 4:00 pm: Silent Auction ends
All Day Events
- Silent Auction (Sponsored by Armentum Partners)
Hotels, Restaurants, Tickets, Gift Certificates and much more
- Chow Zone (Sponsored by Whole Foods Market)
Hot dogs, Aidells Sausages, Hamburgers, Pulled Pork sandwiches, & Veggie burgers
- Rescue Zone (Sponsored by Big Dogs)
Pet Care and Adoption
- Kid Carnival (Sponsored by Escape From New York Pizza)
Carnival Games, Inflatables, Balloon Animals, Face Painting, Children’s Actvities, Baked Goods, Cotton Candy, Popcorn and Snow Cones
- Vendor Marketplace (Sponsored by Mr.Muggles’ Dogs)
Local wares for all of your favorite two and four legged friends
- Raffle Ticket Sales
The winners of three great prizes will be announced at 3:30 pm