Home » *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Block Party, East Bay, Free Museum Day, Recurring Event, Theater & Performance
Oakland Art Murmur | First Fridays Art Walk
Oakland Art Murmur is a group of nearly 30 galleries in Oakland that have coordinated openings on the first Friday of every month.
Every first Friday of the month, member galleries are open to the public from 6-9 pm. Additionally Telegraph above Grand and below 27th is closed to car traffic, and craft, art, and food vendors are set up along this corridor as part of Oakland First Fridays .
Wander from gallery to gallery, see occasional outdoor movies, and find some new artists to love at venues like Classic Cars West, Manna Gallery, Mercury 20, Vessel Gallery and others.
Oakland Art Murmur Downtown Art Spaces
- Chandra Cerrito Contemporary, 480 23rd St.
- Classic Cars West, 411 26th St.
- Creative Growth Art Center, 355 24th St.
- Farley’s East, 33 Grand Ave.
- FM, 483 25th St.
- The Great Wall of Oakland, Grand & Valley
- Krowswork, 480 23rd St.
- Manna Gallery, 473 25th St.
- Mercury 20, 475 25th St.
- Oakopolis / The Moon, 447 25th St.
- PHOTO, 473 25th St.
- Roscoe Ceramic, 473 25th St.
- Shadravan’s Art Gallery, 2435 Telegraph
- SLATE Contemporary, 473 25th St.
- Studio Quercus, 385 26th St.
- Vessel Gallery, 471 25th St.
- The Wall Gallery, 473 25th St.
- Warehouse, 416 416 26th St.
- Betti Ono Gallery, 1427 Broadway
- Field Day And Friends, 329 19th St.
- Joyce Gordon Gallery, 406 14th St.
- Pro Arts, 150 Frank H. Ogawa Pl.
- Uptown Art Park, 19th & Telegraph
Other member galleries are located in North and West Oakland, Jack London and Jingletown neighborhoods.
View the map for more specific locations.
Free Oakland “B” Late Night Shuttle Bus (7 pm to 1 am)
BART: Get off at the 19th Street Oakland stop, which is only a few blocks away.
AC Transit: The 12 (Grand St.), 51A (Broadway), and 1 (Telegraph) buses also come right to the Uptown District.
For more info:
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Art & Museums
, Block Party
, East Bay
, Free Museum Day
, Recurring Event
, Theater & Performance
Address: Grand and Broadway, Oakland, CA
Submitted by Becca Bandit