Pillow Fight 2017 | San Francisco
Justin Herman Plaza | 1 Market Street, San Francisco, CA
Feathers will fly at this fun, flash-mob type event which takes place annually on Valentine’s Day. It’s Pillow Fight.
In the past, nearly 1,000 San Franciscans descended on Justin Herman Plaza with feather-stuffed pillows to run Braveheart-like at full speed at one another to lovingly beat the crap out of each other until the whistle blows.
Will There Be a Pillow Fight This Year? This is a decentralized unofficial (and unpermitted) event, so attend at your own risk of being disappointed. But if 1,000 people head down to Justin Herman Plaza with pillows and THINK there’s going to be a pillow fight… then there’s probably going to be a motherf*cking pillow fight even if there’s no one “in charge.” Check out the Pillow Fight Facebook page for any 2017 details.
2017 Pillow Fight
February 14, 2017 | 5:50 pm (typically everything begins around 6pm)
Justin Herman Plaza, SF
- Bring a mask or bandanna to cover your mouth – it’s easy to choke on flying feathers.
- Bring a synthetic pillow (not one with feathers). Trust us.. it’s much more enjoyable this way.
- Bring a garbage bag – have fun and then help clean up afterward – the price of having fun is keeping your city clean and makes it much less likely for the fuzz to shut this thing down.
- Build up your arm strength – your arms will be sore after this… trust us.
- It’s worth repeating… HELP CLEAN UP AFTERWARD – we can’t stress this enough so that we can continue having fun anarchy like this.
See some great photos of past Pillow Fights by Bill Taylor.
Please note, we expect the event to be similar to 2016’s. Please check back for more info as event date comes closer.
**Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fun & Games, San Francisco, San FranFREEsco, Top Annual Events, Valentine's Day