11th Annual Northern California Soy and Tofu Festival (2023)
Japantown Peace Plaza | 1610 Geary Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Free / Learn More
The 11th annual Northern California Soy and Tofu Festival return on Saturday, June 3, 2023 in San Francisco’s Japantown Peace Plaza! Come join us for a celebration of the joy of soy from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Featuring artisan vendors, live entertainment, and of course, delicious soy-based food selections!
Proceeds to benefit the Nichi Bei Foundation, publishers of the nonprofit Japanese American community newspaper, the Nichi Bei Weekly. For more information and tickets, go to www.soyandtofufest.org.
The festival will feature new soy and tofu vendors such as:
• Uji Time Dessert (Tofu soft serve ice cream in taiyaki cones and waffle cones, tofu pudding with sugar cane juice, soy milk)
• Ohana Floral Sweets (Shoyu caramel hojicha mochi, matcha mochi)
• Kahnfections Bakery (Miso Caramel Bread Pudding, Matcha Tofu Cheesecakes, Arare Cookies)
• Pop Nation (Sea Salted Dark Chocolate Popsicle made with Soy Milk, and other flavors)
And returning food vendors:
• Kikkoman (soy milk and sauces)
• Morinaga Nutritional Foods (Strawberry Banana Tofu Smoothies, and Yuzu and Edamame tofu)
• Hodo Soy (Miso Tofu and Indian Spiced Tofu)
• Bachan’s Japanese Barbecue Sauce
• Nichi Bei Café, featuring Mabo Dofu (Turkey and Impossible Pork), Inarizushi
• Pine United Methodist Church Wafu Dogs
In addition to free soy and tofu samples, food vendors, live performances and artisan vendors, there will be audience participation games and children’s activities.
There will also be a raffle featuring a Grand Prize of $1,000, a second prize of a $500 Amazon gift card, and a third prize of a $250 Apple gift card, among many others.
There will be live performances by:
• World jazz ensemble Asian Crisis (a special reunion concert featuring Art Hirahara and Mas Koga from New York)
• Singer Larissa Lam and rapper Only Won from Southern California
• Kei Lun Martial Arts Lion Dance group
• Sakara Ren (Awa Odori)
• Wesley Ukulele Band from San Jose’s Japantown
• Members Even after Nice acapella group
• Koyasan Spirit of Children Taiko group from Sacramento
There will also be special appearances by the festival’s popular mascot, Cutie Tofutti.
The event will be emceed by NBC Bay Area Weekday Traffic Anchor Mike Inouye.
Admission is FREE and open to the public.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, In Person, Kids & Families, Live Music, Other