2023 Bay Area Aloha Festival (San Mateo)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Mateo County Event Center | 1346 Saratoga Drive , San Mateo, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The Pacific Islanders’ Cultural Association (PICA) returns with its annual and extremely popular Bay Area Aloha Festival, featuring a full day of fun and family-friendly activities, food and entertainment featuring FREE admission, arts & crafts, Hawaiian and Pacific Islander food vendors, community booths, Lei-making workshops, ukulele classes, candy lei-making, Lomi Lomi Massages, traditional net-making, free books for children, Raffle Drawings for many prizes, live Hula, Tahitian, Contemporary and Traditional Hawaiian music and dance groups (TBA), all taking place on Saturday, August 12, 2023; 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the San Mateo County Event Center.
Attendees may bring low-back beach chairs and blankets for concert seating and their own food and beverages; however, alcohol is not permitted. Picnic tables are available for additional seating. Sponsors include Hawaiian Airlines and the San Mateo County Event Center.
Pacific Islanders’ Cultural Association was established in 1995 to encourage and perpetuate the cultures of the Pacific Islanders in Northern California and is comprised of interested volunteers whose mission is to develop and perpetuate through education the histories, cultures, and traditions of all Pacific islanders. One of PICA’s goals is to remain diligent in its efforts to celebrate together by sharing diverse cultures and encouraging young people to commit to higher goals, with academic scholarships that are awarded every year at PICA’s annual festivals.
• Main Stage Performances featuring Local Bay Area Talent (starting at 11am) with Hula, Tahitian, Contemporary and Traditional Hawaiian Music and Dance Groups
• Arts & Crafts Vendors
• Marketplace and Hawaiian Food Vendors
• Ohana Keiki Korner (Children’s Activities): Storytelling, Ukulele Classes, Candy Lei Making, Stamp Art, Traditional Net Making with Uncle David Coy, Coloring with Olelo, and Free Books
• Lei Workshop: Shell Lei Making from Uncles Herman & David Tachera ($10 suggested donation for supplies)
• Hawaiian Lomi Lomi Association Workshops & Lomi Lomi Massages offered onsite
• Community Booths
• Raffle Drawings for many prizes
WHEN: Saturday, August 12, 2023; 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
WHERE: San Mateo County Event Center, 1346 Saratoga Drive, San Mateo, CA 94403
Onsite parking $18; Street parking available; and accessible by public transportation
TICKETS: Free admission
• For more information regarding the Festival and PICA, please visit https://www.pica-org.org/
• Parking $18; street parking available, public transportation encouraged
• More information: 415-281-0221; or email email@example.com
• Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PICASF
• Visit us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pica_sf/
• Bay Area Aloha Festival history informational trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj8L5qUz-Jw