Audio Heirlooms 5th Anniversary “Listening Party” | Potrero Hill
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
San Francisco-based Audio Heirlooms Audio Heirlooms (which creates custom, intimate, NPR-quality audio portraits and chronicles for families and businesses to preserve their stories) celebrates its 5th anniversary by opening its audio archives for a one night “listening party” of personal narrative storytelling at its best.
Join Audio Heirlooms founder Evan Roberts at 7pm on Sunday, February 28th for an evening of food, drinks, live music and radio
Where? the Mission District’s Slow Club, 2501 Mariposa Street.
How much? This event is FREE!
For five years, people have used Audio Heirlooms to capture the most surprising and emotional moments in their lives, and for this one evening, Audio Heirlooms founder Evan Roberts will broaden the audience for the unique, intimate stories he’s collected, including:
* Audio cameos by gold medal Olympian Scott Hamilton and the late New York Times columnist William Safire
* Behind-the-scenes moments at an AudioWedding in Tahoe
* Birthday wishes from Clint Black and Brad Paisley on an AudioBirthdayCard
* The AudioChronicle of the former president of the board of the Museum of Modern Art in New York City
* A local woman remembers Harvey Milk’s assasination in her AudioChronicle
* A local couple recalls the day their child was born in a AudioBaby heirloom
Since this is a party, listeners won’t have to stand around empty-handed. Slow Club will feature a full bar, and plenty of finger food to keep grumbling stomachs from interfering with the audio.
The world’s #1 pesto maker, Danny Bowien, fresh from his win at Genoa, Italy’s 2008 Pesto Championship, will provide a taste of his signature dish. Audio Heirlooms will also be giving away gift certificates to Slow Club and Serpentine, and a free massage from Gabriel at Somatic Bodyworks.
You’ll be entered to win just by walking in the door. And just to mix it up: Rupa — of Rupa and the April Fishes — will treat listeners to a song between radio pieces.
Tags: audio, Free, listening, radio
Categories: *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, San Francisco