Local institution (for 40+ years!) New Conservatory Theatre Center, presents the West Coast Premiere of “Aunt Jack,” a bitingly funny and deeply insightful play by Nora Brigid Monahan for one month only, and a special 50% off promotion just for Funcheap.
September 16 – October 16, 2022
New Conservatory Theatre Center, 25 Van Ness, SF
Get Tickets: $15.50 to $28 –
$31-56 – Use discount code FUNCHEAP to save up to 50% for tickets.
Code is good for all Aunt Jack performances (while supplies last) – but must be purchased by September 24th.
How to use discount code: FUNCHEAP can be used during checkout online (at the very end) or via phone 415-861-8972
See the full schedule
Join us Thursday Nights for Happy Hour is a Drag!
Enjoy music, cocktails, and a special drag performance on Sept 22 & 29 and Oct 6 & 13 at 7:30pm – Hosted by Fran Zaya -Free with ticket to Aunt Jack
- Sept 22: To be announced
- Sept 29: Shiksa Mess
- Oct 6: Dusty Pörn
- Oct 13: Elsa Touche
- Pay-what-you-wish Previews: Sept 16-23 – A limited number of tickets are held for each preview performance for our Pay-What-You-Wish program. These tickets can only be reserved in person or via phone (415-861-8972) starting one week before the production begins.
- Happy Hour is a Drag (pre-show Thursdays): Sept 22, 29, Oct 6, 13
- Pre-Show Discussion with Playwright Nora Brigid Monahan and NCTC Founder & Artistic Director Ed Decker: Sept 23
- Opening Night: Sept 24
- Post-Show Discussion with Cast: Oct 2
- Enhanced Safety Performance with Limited Capacity: Oct 12
“A very funny play” – The Front Row Center
“A wickedly witty swipe at sexual identity and gender politics” – South Florida Sun Sentinel
“Monahan displays a deft touch as a writer” – Charged.fm
ABOUT AUNT JACK
Love, sex, and politics – fabulous drag performer Jack and his significantly less fabulous son Norman don’t agree on any of it. When Norman’s outlandish family and shattered ex-soulmate meet his new partner, all are forced to grapple with their differences amid the evolving spectrum of sexuality. Bitingly funny and deeply insightful, Aunt Jack is an exploration of family and finding yourself against all odds.
By Nora Brigid Monahan (pronouns: they/them)
Directed by Jeffrey Hoffman (pronouns: he/him)
Cast: Joey Alvarado, Ryan Marchand, Jennifer McGeorge, Jim Rupp, Emily Steelhammer, Nick Trengove
*50% off tickets purchased online for a limited time --- tickets range from $31-56