Alameda County’s Inaugural Fatherhood Summit | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Merritt College | 12500 Campus Drive Oakland, CA 94619
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The Alameda County’s inaugural Fatherhood Summit, hosted by the Alameda County Fathers Corps (ACFC), will celebrate, honor, and acknowledge the critical role fathers and father-figures play in their families and communities.
This free all-day summit designed to provide 1,000 fathers and father figures a safe space for important dialogue, networking and resource exchange focused on supporting your journey of fatherhood. Keynote speakers social justice advocate Dr. Marc Lamont Hill, healing and race relations authority Jerry Tello.
This summit is designed to support men to being effective leaders in their home, careers and community. Six (6) tracks with over 50 workshops will be available including:
- Healthy Living ~ Developing a Healthy Regimen, Exploring the Impact of Recreational Drug Use, Self Care Tips and Strategies…
- Road to Financial Stability ~ Job Training, Vocational Careers, Entrepreneurship Exploration, Getting Your Finances In Order, How Will I Ever Buy a Home? …
- Knowing Your Rights ~ Fathers’ Rights & Responsibilities (Custody and Child Support 101), Advocating for Your Family, Social / Community Leadership, Record Expungement, Immigration Policies and Practices…
- Returning & Retooling ~ Getting Back & Reconnecting, Personal Assessment, Developing Your Support Systems …
- Healthy Relationships ~ Co-Parenting For the Child’s Sake, Understanding How Your Child Grows, Being Your Child’s First Mentor, Protecting Your Child from Trauma
- Spanish Language Workshop Series ~ Immigration Policies and Practices, Fathers’ Rights & Responsibilities (Custody and Child Support 101), Phasing Out Toxic Masculinity, Understanding How Your Child Grows, Healthy Co-Parenting
Categories: Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops