80,000 Free Tulips Are Coming to SF’s Union Square (2023)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Union Square | 333 Post St, San Francisco, California
Free / Learn More
Submitted by the Event Organizer
In honor of International Women’s Day, on March 4, 2023, a colorful display of more than 80,000 tulips will cover Union Square in San Francisco. Best of all, you’re invited to visit the site and pick your own bunch of tulips to take home or to give to a woman who inspires you.
80,000 Free Tulips Come to Union Square
Saturday, March 4, 2023 | 1 pm to 4:30 pm
Union Square, San Francisco
FREE (the maximum is 15 tulips per person).
The ”Tulip Garden” at Union Square will open to the public at 1:00 p.m. and will close at 4:30 p.m. By that time, all 80,000 tulips will have been picked and will soon be giving many American households a wonderful feeling of early spring.
These are 80,000 American-grown tulips from Dutch bulbs for American Tulip Day.
- Save the Date: March 4, 2023.
- Where: San Francisco’s Union Square (conveniently located near the Powell Street BART station). A large turnout is expected; attendees are encouraged to use public transportation.
- Who: The Mayor of San Francisco, London Breed, and the President of Anthos, Henk Westerhof, will open the ceremony at noon with a special ceremony to name a tulip after the Mayor.
- What: Pick and share a bouquet of tulips with women who have inspired you in honor of International Women’s Day. As always, access to the tulip garden in Union Square is free, and so are the flowers. We are expecting a large crowd. Please come prepared to wait in line.
- Accessible Entrance: A special entrance at the corner of Geary Street and Powell Street will be available for visitors with disabilities.
Access to the garden is free and so are the tulips.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.