2014 India Day: Bollywood Dance, Music, Fashion Show & Chef Demos | Santana Row
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Santana Row | 368 Santana Row, San Jose, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Santana Row celebrates India Day and Diwali, the ancient Hindu festival that signifies the victory of light over darkness, knowledge over ignorance, good over evil and hope over despair, from noon to 7 pm on October 4, 2014.
The entertainment program includes chef demonstrations, Bollywood dances and dramatic performances depicting the significance of Diwali:
- Classical dance forms representing Indian traditions from across the country will include invocations, Ras Lila from Manipur, Giddh and Bhangra from Punjab, Garba and Dandiya from Gujarat, Kathak from the Lucknow Gharana, Ghumar and Jhumar from Rajasthan, Kathakali from Kerala, and contemporary fusion dance. Performers will mingle with the audience members to discuss their art forms.
- Music will be presented by Priya Gandhi, Sarthak and Raunak, and Harjeet Mehendi.
- Traditional henna artists will be demonstrate their art.
- The cultural bonanza will also showcase cooking demos by Amber India restaurant.
- A fashion show will be presented by leading Bay Area designers Aateka Sultana ,Vama Designs, Celebrations Jewelery, CBazar, and Chona Pike Designers.
Presented by WomenNow, Diwali Utsav 2014 will be the first Diwali carnival at Santana Row and will feature Indian cultural activities for all ages.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Fairs & Festivals, KFOG, Kids & Families, Theater & Performance