Antique Japanese Sword Exhibtion | Japantown
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
National Japanese American Historical Society ( NJAHS ) Office Building | 1684 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94115
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The San Francisco Nipponto Society, one of the Bay Area’s foremost authorities on Japanese swords and sword collecting will be exhibiting the following antique artifacts (Approximately 30 items):
- A 1,000-year old Tachi sword
- A 750-year old Ko-dachi sword
- A 620-year old No-dachi sword
- Kashu Kaga Clan’s Kiyomitsu Wakizashi
- The biggest Tanegashima musket gun in the US
- A recently polished Kanbun Era ( 1661 – 1673 ) Wakizashi
- A 24-inch long Yari ( Spear tip ) made in the early 17th Centrury
- The 3rd longest spear tip in the world: a 450-year old spear tip that is 36 inches long, and much more.
Categories: Art & Museums, San Francisco