Anti-Trump Impeachment Rally | SF City Hall
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Francisco City Hall | 1 Dr. Carlton Goodlett Pl., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
On Tuesday, October 24, SF Supervisor Sandra Lee Fewer will introduce a resolution calling on Congress to initiate impeachment proceedings against Donald Trump. Please join Indivisible SF and Brightline Defense in a rally supporting the resolution.
The rally begins at 12pm on the steps of City Hall (Polk Street side) and will feature speakers including Supervisor Lee Fewer. They encourage everyone to stay for the Board of Supervisors meeting beginning at 2pm, to demonstrate San Franciscans’ support for the impeachment resolution.
Trump is wreaking havoc on our country. He’s essentially declared war on immigrants, low-income and working-class people, people of color, indigenous communities, women, LGBTQ communities, Muslims, organized labor, and many more of our friends and neighbors. While many of us foresaw the threats posed by a Trump presidency, the concerns about his fitness for office are spreading, even to members of his own party. We’ve seen him:
- Breaching the foreign emoluments clause of the U.S. Constitution
- Breaching the domestic emoluments clause of the U.S. Constitution
- Obstructing justice by firing James Comey to stymy the Russia investigation
- Obstructing justice by pardoning former Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Breaching his oath of office by failing to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States” (e.g. his constant attacks on the 1st Amendment and his unconstitutional Muslim ban)
- Breaching his oath of office by not faithfully executing the Office of President of the United States (e.g. by deliberately sabotaging the Affordable Care Act)
Categories: *Top Pick*, Political Activism