Submitted by the Event Organizer
Through the power of art, the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco brings the diverse cultures of Asia to life.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, the museum is home to one of the world’s finest collections of Asian art, boasting more than 18,000 awe-inspiring artworks ranging from ancient jades and ceramics to contemporary video installations.
Free First Sundays
Typically the first Sunday of the month
Asian Art Museum, 200 Larkin Street SF
FREE admission to permanent galleries (first come first served)
RSVP + Timed Tickets Required
– Find future dates on this calendar
– please note that these links generally will be live about a month in advance
– Special exhibition teamLab: Continuity is an option $10 on Free Sundays (if not already sold out – timed reservations required)
New Museum Hours
- Thu: 1–8 PM
- Fri–Mon: 10 AM–5 PM
- Tue & Wed: Closed
New Exhibitions for 2021
Learn about new safety protocols
- Please note masks with valves are not allowed. We ask all visitors over the age of two to wear a mask.
- Water fountains have been disabled to minimize contact. Bring water from home and, to protect the artworks, please drink outside the galleries.
Free Day Details
- Free First Sunday Admission for main galleries: Normally $15 for general admission, the museum offers free general admission every first Sunday the month on “First Free Sundays“. Please note, special exhibits may require an additional fee.
- Sunday Hours: Sunday admission hours are typically 10am to 5pm – but please check the Asian’s Plan your Visit page for any updates.
- Free Street Parking – Yup! Like much of SF, the meters around the Asian Art Museum don’t charge on Sundays. Always double check with your meter just in case.
- Very rarely, the museum might switch the dates of the “First Free Sunday” because Sunday falls on a holiday like Christmas or New Year’s Day. So please always check asianart.org first before heading out.
Through rich art experiences, centered on historic and contemporary artworks, the Asian Art Museum unlocks the past for visitors, bringing it to life while serving as a catalyst for new art, new creativity and new thinking. Expect to see a collection of impressive artworks from China, Japan, Thailand, Korea, India and throughout Asia.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Special exhibitions may require separate admission surcharge
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Art & Museums
, Free Museum Day
, In Person
, San Francisco
Address: 200 Larkin Street San Francisco, CA