Asian Art Museum Free Admission Day | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Asian Art Museum | 200 Larkin Street San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Asian Art Museum: Free Admission Day (Every First Sunday)
Through the power of art, the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco brings the diverse cultures of Asia to life.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, the museum is home to one of the world’s finest collections of Asian art, boasting more than 18,000 awe-inspiring artworks ranging from ancient jades and ceramics to contemporary video installations.
Free First Sundays
Typically the first Sunday of the month (dates might be moved due to holidays)
Asian Art Museum, 200 Larkin Street, SF
FREE admission (first come first served), $10 w/ Beyond Bollywood
RSVP + Tickets Required
– Find future dates on this calendar
– please note that links generally will be live about a month in advance
New Museum Hours
- Thu: 1–8 PM
- Fri–Mon: 10 AM–5 PM
- Tue & Wed: Closed
Special Free First Sunday Events
June 4, 2023 – Family Fun Day (Famliy Fun Day includes Beyond Bollywood related activity/craft): On Family Fun Days, myths and tales from Asia come alive with storytelling in the galleries, followed by hands-on art activities led by the museum’s Art Speak interns.
Special Exhibitions for 2023
Beyond Bollywood: 2000 Years of Dance in Art invites you into this journey for the mind, body, and senses through two millennia of art inspired by dance from South and Southeast Asia and the Himalayas.
Free Day Details
- Free First Sunday Admission for main galleries: Normally $20 for general admission, the museum offers free general admission every first Sunday the month on “First Free Sundays“.
- Sunday Hours: Sunday admission hours are typically 10am to 5pm – but please check the Asian’s Plan your Visit page for any updates.
- Free Street Parking – Yup! Like much of SF, the meters around the Asian Art Museum don’t charge on Sundays. Always double check with your meter just in case.
- Very rarely, the museum might switch the dates of the “First Free Sunday” because Sunday falls on a holiday like Christmas or New Year’s Day. So please always check asianart.org first before heading out.
Through rich art experiences, centered on historic and contemporary artworks, the Asian Art Museum unlocks the past for visitors, bringing it to life while serving as a catalyst for new art, new creativity and new thinking. Expect to see a collection of impressive artworks from China, Japan, Thailand, Korea, India and throughout Asia.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.