Bay Area Virtual Chuseok Festival (Korean Harvest)
The Bay Area Chuseok Festival celebrates the rich cultural diversity of the San Francisco Bay Area by showcasing Korean traditions, music, arts, cuisine, and community. Our mission is to inspire exploration and discovery of Korean culture across communities and generations, while offering the Korean Americans a way to celebrate together an important traditional holiday.
This year, in light of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the Festival is going virtual and is dedicated to supporting local businesses, organizations, and individuals working hard to overcome difficulties during these challenging times.
– K-Quest: Complete scavenger hunt-style missions around town and online to explore local Korean history, art, food, etc. Keep track of your participation by using a special app, and earn points for prizes.
– Online Cultural Workshops & Interactive Panel Discussions : Learn new skills while enjoying hands-on virtual workshops, including K-food (kimchi and more) and traditional Korean crafts. Meet and hear from Korean American beverage (beer, makgeolli, wine) and other makers about their paths in building their small businesses.
– K-pop, Dance & Other Performances Online: Enjoy Korean traditional and pop music, dance and other performances.
– Culture-in-a-box for Youth: Introduce children to Korean culture through a kit full of fun activities and more.
– Youth Art Contest: Submit artwork related to Chuseok. Open to K-12 students.