2019 Berkeley Juneteenth Music Festival | East Bay
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Adeline-Alcatraz Corridor | Adeline St. at Alcatraz Ave., Berkeley, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The 32nd Annual Berkeley Juneteenth Festival is on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 16, 2019, from 11 am to 7 pm, on Alcatraz at Adeline in Berkeley.
The RD Bonds Main Stage is the “heart” of Juneteenth-in-Berkeley. The music incorporates the best of the African American experience:drumming, jazz, blues, neo-soul, gospel, R&B, and reggae. While talents, like John Handy, Faye Carol and Pharoah Sanders have graced our stage, the Festival is a vehicle for showcasing “up and coming acts”, providing them with an opportunity to expand their audience.
The Lothario Lotho Stage features specialty performances like dance, spoken word, fashion, and community performers.
- Health Screenings – Alameda County health agencies offer informational workshops and health screenings.
- Two On Two Basketball Tourney provides wholesome, physical competition on event day.
- Historical Exhibits includes exhibits featuring a collaboration of presenters.
- Art For Children programs and for-fun activities which are coordinated by practicing artists.
- The Vision Magazine is a souvenir publication that features articles about performers, artists, and stories pertinent to the community.
Admission is free and open to the public. For easy access, festival-goers should exit BART-Ashby Station, walk south on MLK to Alcatraz Ave.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, East Bay, Fairs & Festivals, Father's Day, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops, Live Music