Berkeley Lab’s First Cleantech Pitchfest | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Marines’ Memorial Theatre | 609 Sutter Street (at Mason), San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Berkeley Lab’s popular Science at the Theater travels across the Bay to San Francisco’s Marines’ Memorial Theatre to present the Lab’s first Cleantech Pitchfest.
Which of 6 big new ideas designed to help transform our carbon-drenched, overheating world should get the first shot? Six Berkeley Lab scientists have 8 minutes each to persuade you that their technology has the most promise and social value.
- Kendra Kuhl – Recycling CO2: Fueling your car on recycled CO2
- Marcus Lehmann – CalWave: Harnessing energy from ocean waves
- Samveg Saxena – MyGreenCar: Test driving “virtually” to compare real fuel economy and EV range
- Chinmayee Subban – Energy-Efficient Desalination: Making fresh water from salty sources on the cheap
- Jeff Urban – Nanoscale Sponges: Capturing carbon with metal-organic frameworks
- Raymond Weitekamp – DIY Efficient Windows: Applying paint-on coatings for energy-efficient windows
Free, but an RSVP is required.