Berkeley World Music Festival & Bazaar | Downtown Berkeley
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Downtown Berkeley | Kittredge Street and Harold Way Downtown Berkeley, CA
Free / Learn More
Submitted by the Event Organizer
2019 Berkeley World Music Festival & Bazaar
Music spills out from all corners of Berkeley during the annual Berkeley World Music Festival.
The free 16th Annual Berkeley World Music Festival happens Saturday & Sunday, June 1-2, in various locations citywide. The festival features a dazzling array of performances by some of the Bay Area’s finest artists.
2019 Berkeley World Music Festival
– Saturday, June 1 | Noon | People’s Park and select venues along Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley
– Sunday, June 2 | Noon | Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley
Saturday’s festivities start off with the People’s Park (Berkeley) with music from noon ’til 6 pm featuring a World Market and Kid’s Zone.
1- 2:25 pm: Fula Brothers kick off the party
2:45-4:10 pm: Sang Matiz
4:30-6 pm: Baraka Moon plays
Various venues along Telegraph Avenue open on Saturday:
- Noon-1:30 pm: SLIVER hosts Hernandez HideAway
- 1:30-4 pm: Berkeley Hat Co. with performances by Harlan James Bluegrass Band
- 6-8 pm: Raleigh’s Grill the French Oak Gypsy Band at Berkeley World Music Festival
- 6-8 pm: Cafe Milano features Georges Lammam
- 9 pm: Ashkenaz after hours with the Brazilian Dance Party with Oakland Samba Revue and Xaxado Mission
Sunday, from noon – 8 pm, the Festival joins Sunday Streets Berkeley on Telegraph, where the Avenues will become pedestrian plazas for folks to gather round community music groups and family fun activities. Join in on Sunday evening for a memorable finale at the The Tap Haus.
- 1-4 pm: Berkeley Hat Co. – Simcha Trio
Across the street from Amoeba Berkeley at Telegraph and Haste
- Noon-12:30 pm: Berkeley Morris
- 12:30-3:30 pm: Bayou Noir
- 4-6 pm: La Mixta Criolla
- 2 pm: The Bird Michael Masley
At Telegraph and Durant
- 12:30- 2 pm: Harlan James Bluegrass Band
- 2-4 pm: Bollywood Gharana
- 4-5 pm: Elizabeth Strong with LUNASCOPE accompanied by Dan Cantrell & Friends
- 6-7 pm: Inside Moe’s Books performing is Cornelius Boots
- 6-8 pm: The Tap Haus featuring La Mandanga Band
- 8-10 pm: Then Kip’s wraps the party up with live music
With Berkeley united through music, dance, and crafts, there will be something for everyone at this festival.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, East Bay, Fairs & Festivals, Kids & Families, Live Music, Shopping & Fashion