Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, East Bay, Fairs & Festivals, Kids & Families, Live Music, Shopping & Fashion
2018 Berkeley World Music Festival & Crafts Bazaar | Downtown Berkeley
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Music spills out from all corners of Berkeley during the annual Berkeley World Music Festival.
The free 15th Annual Berkeley World Music Festival happens Friday to Sunday, June 1-3, in various locations citywide. It will feature a dazzling array of performances by some of the Bay Area’s finest artists.
2018 Berkeley World Music Festival
– Friday, June 1 | 8 pm | La Peña Cultural Center
– Saturday, June 2 | Noon – 8 pm | Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley
– Sunday, June 3 | Noon – 8 pm | People’s Park and all over Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley
- The festival’s kickoff party is on Friday night at the La Peña Cultural Center from 8pm to midnight: A Night in Old San Juan: Free Kick-Off Party at La Peña.
- On Saturday, from noon – 8 pm, world artists will converge all over Telegraph Avenue in an exciting mix of street sideshows and café concerts. Simultaneously, Amoeba Berkeley’s featured concert and crafts fair will be starting at noon in People’s Park and will continue until 6 pm. Taking the main stage that day will include headliners, Fanna-Fi-Allah Sufi Qawwali with authentic and exhilarating Qawwali Sufi music, Yassir Chadly and The Moroccans with their rocking Gnawa trance and melodic rhythms, and La Gente SF’s encompassing mix of reggae, cumbia, and hip-hop.
- On Sunday, from noon – 8 pm, the festival joins “Sunday Streets Berkeley” on Telegraph, where the Avenues will become pedestrian plazas for folks to gather round community music groups and family fun activities. Headlining that afternoon will be the Bay Area Timba All Stars with premiere Cuban singer Fito Reinoso and the North Bay’s award-winning high-energy band Dgiin, who will be delivering French Gypsy Funk in a memorable finale at the The Tap Haus.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, East Bay
, Fairs & Festivals
, Kids & Families
, Live Music
, Shopping & Fashion
Address: Haste and Telegraph, Berkeley, CA