Free movies in Berkeley parks return this summer.
Berkeley’s Friday night outdoor movie series kicks off July 9, with Trolls at Codornices Park. The series continues through September 24 with 6 evenings of beloved family films, new and old, in parks across Berkeley.
Free Movies in Berkley Parks:
- July 9, 8:45pm: Trolls – Codornices Park, 1201 Euclid Avenue
- July 23, 8:45pm: Akeelah and the Bee – Grove Park, 1730 Oregon
- August 6, 8:15pm: Smallfoot – James Kenney Park, 1720 8th Street
- August 20, 8pm: Lady and the Tramp – Ohlone Park Baseball Field (Hearst and Sacramento)
- September 10, 7:30pm: Soul – Grove Park, 1730 Oregon
- September 24, 7:15pm: Madagascar 3 – Glendale La Loma Park, 1310 La Loma Avenue
Movies are shown on a large portable 20’x12’ inflatable movie screen with premium audio visual movie equipment for outdoor cinemas.
Limited street parking is available. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the movie begins.
Bring blankets, sleeping bags, and/or low-back beach chairs with a maximum height of 9 inches off the ground, so the view of other patrons is not blocked. A flashlight or headlamp makes walking out at the end of the night easier. Bring friends, join neighbors, and revel in some of the gems of Berkeley: our parks. This is an alcohol free event.