The Bold Italic’s Halloween Microhood: Mission Treat
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
From 7 to 9 p.m., partiers will enjoy a night of art, food, drink, fashion, and a blood-splattered, Dexter-inspired photo booth along that block. Show up in your best costume for this unique trick-or-treating of sorts.
Please join us on Thursday, October 28, for The Bold Italic’s Mission Treat, a microhood-style event with a Halloween theme that’s casting a spell on 24th St. between Shotwell and Bryant.
Microhood Halloween Treats
Thursday, October 28, 2010 – 7pm to 9pm
- LOCAL: MISSION EATERY will have $3 craft beers and a special menu for the evening: Lavender almonds, seasonal pickles, grougeres, oysters with apple gelee and apples, pate en croute with mustard and greens, and the Chicken Waldorf sandwich.
- At ARKAY WORKSHOP, get 20% off of all clothing in the shop, FREE WINE, and Halloween treats. Arkay is a boutique with unique clothing and fun, gifty items created by sought-after artists and designers. Help them celebrate the opening of a new photo show of large format Polaroids by Andrea Corrona Jenkins (aka Hula Seventy).
- SUGARLUMP Coffee Lounge will be celebrating their 5-year anniversary by offering their delicious house coffee for only $1. All of their drinks are local and organic, and you can enter a drawing to win a free pound of coffee as well. They’ve also invited special guest The Poetry Store to set up inside; Silvi Alcivar will craft custom poetry pieces-as-art on the spot.
- A Dexter-inspired PHOTO BOOTH by ORANGE PHOTOGRAPHY will scare you silly with weird props and blood splatterings.
- MISSION SK8BOARDS will be celebrating their 3-year anniversary with FREE BEER and snacks! A new photo show by Zach Hudson will be up on the walls, and artist Chris Micro will be there with his paintings on boards and canvas.
- MINXY BOUTIQUE, a vintage and gently worn clothing store, will be hosting their soft opening party. Come by for raffle tickets, FREE SANGRIA, a live DJ, and Halloween candy. Two raffle tickets will be drawn at 8:30 p.m. and winners will each be awarded $50 coupons towards any merchandise in the store!
- Out in front of PRECITA EYES, local muralist Eli Lippert will be painting live with local teenagers.
- LA VICTORIA Bakery’s pop-up Soul Cocina Kitchen with Chef Roger Feeley will be serving up a full menu ($4-13) as well as small plates for those interested in finger food, and FREE BEER. Delicious pastries and De la Paz Coffee will be on sale as well. La Victoria will also be hosting the AFTER PARTY with local DJs and beverages until midnight (and maybe beyond).
- PHILZ COFFEE will be handing out free baklava! Phil himself will be there in person to hang out, play some Middle Eastern beats, and sell his famous fedoras as well.
- GALERIA DE LA RAZA will be hosting a special nighttime experience of their 40th anniversary exhibition currently on display, complete with cash bar, music, and a decorating party hosted by The Sugar Skull Gallery. Advance signups for the sugar skull party available here .
- HAUS will be serving up De La Paz and Ritual Roasters Coffee.
Tags: Free, Halloween, Mission Treat, The Bold Italic
Categories: *Top Pick*, Eating & Drinking, Fairs & Festivals, San Francisco, Walks & Tours