2019 Brazilian Day & Lavagem Festival | Berkeley
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Casa de Cultura | 1901 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Casa de Cultura in Berkeley once again throws a day-long party and ritual celebrating Brazilian Independence Day with an annual lavagem (blessing) and procession for world peace, live Brazilian music and DJs, dancing, food, drinks, and lots of folks dressed in white.
2019 Brazilian Day Party
Sunday, September 1, 2019 | 10 am to 7 pm
Casa de Cultura, 1901 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley
FREE, but donations are appreciated
- 10 am – 11 am – Free Dance Classes
- 2 pm – Lavagem Procession
Come dressed in traditional white for this party.
- Live music on two stages
- Children’s Village: Games, Face painting clown and family friendly activities
- Caipirinha & Beer Gardens: Taste one of the best Caipirinha’s in the Bay and sample beer and local wines.
- Food & Craft Vendors: a wide selection of international & Brazilian food and local artisans selling specialty products and services.