Central Market “Microhood” Block Party: Roving Circus Acts & Freebies | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Central Market | 7th Street and Market Street, San Francisco
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Central Market Now: Monthly Arts Showcase | SF
Central Market Now activates, promotes & celebrates the local Arts and businesses in the Central Market neighborhood – every second Friday. The event features open houses, free performances, exhibits, and merchant promotions monthly.
Thursday, May 15, 2014
Microhood Block Party | Central Market Now: Monthly Arts Showcase | SF
On Thursday, May 15, 2014 Central Market Now teams up with The Bold Italic to bring you a Central Market Now Microhood Block Party featuring live street performance, great deals from local merchants, interactive events and surprises.
>> FREE – RSVP
From 6-8 pm, there will be professional jugglers, musicians, dancers, magicians, and circus artists to perform in rotation between 6th and 8th Streets along Market Street along with a renegade outdoor piano party.
- [freespace] will be throwing open their doors and inviting you in to check out their space and participate in a host of fun events. Make this your first stop of the evening and pick up your event map from The Bold Italic table.
- Social Print Studio will be onsite at [freespace] with their amazing real-time printer: tag your Instagram photos with #microhood and then swing by to pick up your free photo print out
- We’ll also be wheeling out our human-powered treat machine, Uncle Jesse: play your cards right and you might just get an awesome freebie to take home. The first 100 people will receive a free Fotobit frame 3-pack from our friends at Fotobit
- Take part, by playing or listening, to an impromptu piano concert on one of twelve mobile pianos that will be placed throughout the event area, courtesy of the Sunset Piano project.
- Storefront, the easiest way to set up shop, is collaborating with a surprise vendor to help a new idea pop up at every microhood event.
- Students from Alonzo King LINES Ballet Training Program will be performing improv on the corner of 7th and Market.
- SF Camerawork will feature an exhibit by Jaimie Warren, recipient of the 2014 Baum Award for an Emerging American Photographer. View her beautiful and detailed images and enjoy complimentary wine.
- At 3 Potato 4, receive a free sauce of your choice when you purchase their delicious baked fries
- Huckleberry Bikes are extending hours for this microhoood, with special performances out front and free Calicraft beer inside.
- The folks at Showdogs are going to be offering $4 draft beers from 6 – 8pm.
- A.C.T. will be inviting people in for tea and coffee and the opportunity to view designs for their new theater.
Please Note: Because of the joint block party, the date of Central Market Now is on Thursday, May 15, 2014, instead of the regular second Friday happening.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Eating & Drinking, Live Music, San Francisco, Theater & Performance