2018 Chocolate & Chalk Art Festival | Berkeley
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Gourmet Ghetto (North Berkeley) | Shattuck Avenue and Vine Street, Berkeley, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The sidewalks along Shattuck Ave. in the Gourmet Ghetto in North Berkeley are the target of artists young and old, professional and greenhorn during the 20th Chocolate & Chalk Art Festival on Saturday, August 25, 2018.
2018 Chocolate & Chalk Art Festival
Saturday, August 25, 2018 | 10 am to 5 pm
Gourmet Ghetto, Shattuck Ave, North Berkeley
- Make Art: With no fees to artists, areas of sidewalk are assigned for you to create your own fanciful chalk drawings. Same-day art registration takes place 10 am-5 pm in event booths where colorful artist’s chalk is available for $10.
- A Chalk Art Contest for the best drawing will be judged after 4 pm.
- Eat Chocolate: Purchase tasting tickets in advance ($1/ea. or $20/20); also available at the festival. The to-go menu features over 30 items including chocolate rum gelato, English toffee, a chocolate rose des sables, dark chocolate truffles, Oreo shakes, bittersweet chocolate pudding, chocolate ganache cupcakes, or savory menu items such as chocolate-covered pancetta, chocolate mole tacos, or for those over 21, Coffee Campfire Stout. You might even relax with a hand massage with chocolate-scented cream.
- Enter your tickets in a raffle for specialty items from Kitchen on Fire, Peet’s Coffee, Poulet, Apriori, and the Vine Street Salon.
- Have Fun: Festival booths fill the blocks between Rose and Vine Streets. Enjoy Singha beer or wine near the CVS Performing Area at 1451 Shattuck where you can hear the Rusty String Express (Bluegrass) and Rolling Thunder (Dylan Tribute Band), and at the Books Inc. Performing Area there’s Michelle Lambert (Indie Singer-Songwriter), Coventry & Kaluza (Circus Arts) and young rocker, Lorenzo Wood.