1,000 Santas Invade San Francisco
“Santarchy” is an annual city-wide Santas-only pub crawl. This flash mob-type event brings together hundreds of slightly sober people dressed in Santa costumes parading around the city, visiting landmarks (like walking down Lombard Street) drinking at bars and causing general mayhem.
And just so you know, wearing a santa hat isn’t enough… get yourself a full-on santa suit.
2011 Event Details
Saturday, December 10, 2011
- 10am: East Bay Kickoff : Meet at Heinolds’ (Jack London Square/Oakland) – Morning drinks and grab the 11:30am water sleigh (Ferry – $6.25/one-way, arriving SF @Noon (Ferry Bldg) and @12:15pm (Fisherman’s Wharf)
- 11:30am: Occupy North Pole – political Santas gather at Justin Herman Plaza for #occupy shenanigans
- 12:30pm: SF Kickoff: Start at Civic Center
- 3pm: Washington Square Park, North Beach (this is where the Naked Santa Meetup is!)
- 11am-8pm North Pole Throw Down @ Monarch – 101 6th St/Mission, FREE 3rd annual all-day SantaCon dance party
– Complete Schedule (including list of Santa stops in Castro, Haight, Tenderloin and North Beach)
– Google Map of Santacon Crawl
2011 After Parties:
- BootieSF Holiday Party DNA Lounge – 375 11th (Folsom/Harrison) Costumed Santas (“fully dressed Santas”) get in free ALL NIGHT
- Public Works Holiday Bash – 161 Erie St Santa gets in for $5 from 9-10pm and two for one entry all night long.
- The Duckpond Santacon Afterparty – 5 to 10 PM – 800 Larkin Street
- Wear a full-on Santa suit (not just a hat)
- Don’t F*ck with the police, kids or security guards – Have fun, but behave yourselves.
- Download the SantaCon “Dirty Little Song Book” with f*cked up funny versions of your fav Christmas carols
What to Expect:
- The event is rain or shine, cold or wet
- Expect to ride Muni and Bart and to walk a lot
For More Information:
San Francisco Santarchy Website: http://sanfranciscosantarchy.wordpress.com/
SF Santarchy Twitter: follow @sfstanta for updates
SF Santacon Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=129604910477609