2017 Common Grounds Arts Festival
Intersection for the Arts is proud to announce its upcoming festival “Common Grounds” presenting over two full weeks of free arts and culture events for people of all ages and walks of life.
Common Grounds will take place from May 20 to June 6, 2017 in and around the full city block at 5th and Mission where the rooftops, parking lots, laneways and tunnels of Natoma, Mary and Minna Streets will become stages and exhibition space for the community to gather together and share in the experience of art.
Common Grounds Arts Festival
May 20 to June 6, 2017
Downtown San Francisco
FREE. Some may require registration.
Common Grounds is an arts festival exploring the intersection of arts, culture, urban planning, and people. Presenting 105 artists and 21 arts organizations from multiple artistic disciplines, the festival will engage various local audiences and activate public urban space with free public programming for arts and culture.
Art Organizations and Artists include:
- Mugwumpin: Live Theatre
- Project O: Curated Art Installation
- Epiphany Productions: Dance Performance
- Resilience Archives: LGBT AAPI Historical Collection Exhibition
- We not Me/Strider Patton: Collaborative Mural
- Timeless, Infinite Light: Pop Up Bookstore, Art Installation, and Studio
- Glass Eye Shadow Pictures: Shadow Puppet Theatre
- Jazz in the Neighborhood: Lunchtime Jazz Sessions in partnership with Off the Grid
- The Beat Within: Poetry Peadings
- 3rd Space Lab Collective: Interactive Mapping ProjectIntersection for the Arts
Submitted by Aldwin Santiago