NEW: $8,000 Grants Open for Bay Area Artists
If you’re an artist or performer living in the Bay Area, then you might be eligible for a grant up to $8,000.
The Investing in Artists grants program by the Center for Cultural Innovation is designed to support diverse working artists in the Bay Area in the performing arts and media arts, which includes the disciplines of dance, music, musical theatre, opera, theatre, video, film, and animation, to name a few.
Applicants representing a wide range of cultural expressions and artistic practices in the performing arts and media arts are encouraged to apply.
Approximately six to eight grants of up to $8,000 each will be made to Bay Area Performing Arts and Media Arts artists.
Apply Now – Deadline is 8/28/20 at 5pm
- The application must be submitted by an individual working artist; organizations cannot apply.
- Must show proof (if awarded) of permanent residency in California in the 11-county Bay Area region for at least three (3) consecutive years prior to the application deadline. This region comprises Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma, Monterey, and Santa Cruz counties.
- Must maintain permanent residency in the 11-county Bay Area region during the grant award period.
- Must be 18 years or older at the time of the application deadline.
- Cannot be a full-time or matriculated student.
- Must have performed or presented artistic work in a public context within the last three years.
- Only one application total may be submitted per individual.
- NEW for 2020: Applicant cannot be a previous Investing in Artists—Artistic Innovation grantee.
Application Deadline and Notification
- Application opens: July 20, 2020, 9:00 a.m. PDT
- Application deadline: August 28, 2020, 5:00 p.m. PDT (no exceptions)
- Application notifications: October 16, 2020
- Project start date: October 19, 2020
View this post on Instagram