Cherry Blossom Festival
The 2013 Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival will be held on Saturdays and Sundays, April 13-14 and April 20-21, 2013.
The festival will be held on Post Street between Laguna and Fillmore Streets. There will be food booths, cultural performances, karate, live bands, Japanese sword demos, tea ceremonies, taiko drumming, origami demos and more.
46th Annual Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival
Saturdays and Sundays, April 13-14 & April 20-21, 2013
Japantown (Post and Buchanan Streets), San Francisco
Grand parade is Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 1pm starting at Civic Center and ending in Japantown.
The Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival is said to be the second largest festival outside of Washington, D.C. to celebrate the blooming of cherry blossoms; and held at one of three remaining Japantowns in the United States.
Event Schedule on April 14, 2013
There will be Ikebana and Japanese embroidery exhibits, origami demos and tea ceremoniesthroughout the day at different venues in Japantown. See the full schedule for more information.
Peace Plaza Stage
- 12-12:30pm – CBF 2013 Queen and Court
- 12:30–1:30pm – San Francisco Taiko Dojo
- 1:30–2pm – Soko Joshi Dojo
- 2–2:30pm – Ensohza Minyoshi
- 2:30–3pm – San Francisco Wushu Team
- 3:30–4pm – Sunset School of Dance
- 4–4:15pm – Japanese Club of Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory
- 4:15–4:30pm – Yoko & Sunshine Ladies
- 11:35–11:50am – Chorale May
- 11:50am–1pm – Seiha Sato Masazuka
- 1–1:30pm – Kiyonomoto Ryu
- 1:30–2pm – Mitsuyo Suiko Tao, Ikenobo Ikebana
- 2–3pm – Shimaoka Kazusa Kai
- 3–3:30pm – Hoei Miyazaki, Ohara Ikebana School
- 3:30–4pm – Nishikawa Ryu
- 4:00–5pm – Tamie Kooyenga & Koto Harmonia
Webster Street Stage
12:30-1:30pm – Akai Sky
2-3pm – Latin Jazz Youth Ensemble
3:30-4:30pm – D. Groove