Get Out: Christmas Weekend 2011
Just because it’s Christmas doesn’t mean you have to spend your whole day locked up in your house with relatives. Funcheap will help you plan out your escape route with our a list of some fun (and cheap) events we’ve found that take place throughout the 2011 holiday weekend.
Whether you’re craving free food or would rather dance off all those gingerbread cookies, read on below for the good stuff.
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Head down to supperclub for a real Christmas celebration. Decking the full venue out for the holidays, come see the always-avant-garde supperclub crew perform, a white balloon drop, a photobooth with a Christmas tree, and DJs all night. All free with RSVP.
FREE with RSVP | 9:30pm | supperclub | 657 Harrison St, San Francisco | SOMA
ROE gets you prepped for the big day with festival cocktails and a DJ dance party. RSVP on their guest list for no cover before 11pm.
FREE with RSVP | 10pm | ROE Nightclub | 651 Howard Street, San Francisco | SOMA
Need an energy boost for that last-minute Christmas shopping? Stop by Peet’s all day for complimentary brewed coffee and tea.
FREE | All Day | All participating Peet’s locations
What else is happening December 24th?
- Free Parking Saturday | Oakland
- Volunteer: Prime Rib Luncheon | GLIDE
- Whiskey and Cookies Christmas Eve | Mission Dist.
- Mittens & Mistletoe: a Winter Circus Cabaret | Outer Mission
- AAA Tipsy Tow: Free Car Tow Home | Christmas Eve
- Christmas Eve Petting Zoo & Live Nativity Scene | Cupertino
- Bootie SF Xmas Eve Mashup Party | DNA Lounge
- DJs, Drinks & Dancing | Shattuck Down Low
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Broke-Ass Stuart’s “It’s A Jewish Christmas”
Marvel the Hanukkah bush filled with crappy gifts for everyone, watch Woody Allen films throughout the night, drool over the Chinese buffet, compete in “Strip Dreidel”, and shake a tailfeather to DJs all night. RSVP with your full name and the subject heading “Jewish Christmas” for $5 admission.
$5 with RSVP | 5pm – 11:30pm | Make Out Room | 3225 22nd St, San Francisco | Mission
Bill Graham Menorah Day Festival
Come enjoy a full day festival featuring arts & crafts, a dreidel house and Jewish music, all capped off with the lighting of a giant 25-foot tall mahogany menorah in in the middle of the square.
FREE | 3pm – 6pm | Union Square
Bad Movie Night: Christmas with the Kranks
Laugh with the hosts riffing on the movie. Yell your own comments. Help yourself to the free popcorn. It’s Bad Movie Night with “Christmas with the Kranks”.
$5 | 8pm | The Dark Room | 2263 Mission St, San Francisco | Mission
What else is happening December 25th?
- Volunteer: Christmas Celebration & Meals | GLIDE
- Volunteer: Christmas Meal Delivery | Salvation Army
- Volunteer: Elderly Christmas Visits | Little Brothers
- Contemporary Jewish Museum Free Admission Day | SOMA
- Live Hanukkah Jam Party & Latkes | Berkeley
- Merpy Chrismakwanzukahtivus Movie Fest | SF
- Ari’s Jewish Christmas | The Riptide
- Christmas Happy Hour & Free Game Night | Elixir
- Death Guild: X-Mess Night | DNA Lounge
- Schlitz Night & Free Country Music | Bender’s
- Karla LaVey’s 14th Annual Black X Mass | Mission